Go Beyond Your Workplace
Align your company’s philanthropic goals with strategic volunteerism to boost employee engagement, foster teamwork, and give back to the community in a tangible way. By enhancing your company’s United Way giving campaign with volunteer opportunities, employees will gain a better understanding of how their donations are benefitting the community.
Group Volunteer Projects
Schedule your group’s Day of Service during already scheduled and planned volunteer events:
- January - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), UWCK Data Entry
- June - United Way Day of Action
- July - Don’t Miss the Bus
- August - Read, Tutor, Mentor
- September - UPS Mud Volleyball
- November - Giving Tuesday, iPay 5K
- December - Room In the Inn
Customized Volunteer Projects
- Each customized volunteer project, big or small, strengthens teamwork and increases morale among employees, all while making a difference in our community. Examples of such projects include:
- Teach Life Skills through Junior Achievement’s JA In A Day.
- Teach Financial Education through United Way’s MoneySense program.
- Read to Elementary School students.
- Spruce up landscaping & outdoor trails to encourage outdoor activities.*
- Assemble dental hygiene kits for low-income students.*
- Volunteer with an afterschool program to help students with their homework.
- Install a Born Learning Trail providing parents with activities that help prepare their children for success in school.*
- Collect books for one of United Way’s Little Libraries.
* Some projects may require a sponsorship to cover the cost of supplies and materials.