Tocqueville Society members are philanthropists who demonstrate extraordinary generosity to our community with an annual investment of $10,000 or more. Our members make it possible to develop solutions to our region’s most complex challenges by investing in outcomes that empower families to become self-sufficient. With the help of our investors’ expertise, networks and resources, we can change the odds for those in need across our region.
Tocqueville Society Member Benefits
- Convenience of meeting interconnected community needs with one gift – we offer multiple payment options, including payroll deduction, cash/check, credit card, billing, and stocks/security transfers.
- A Philanthropic Advisor will help you align your giving philosophy with what's important to you and our community.
- Invitation to Tocqueville Society networking events.
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with business, civic, and philanthropic leaders.
- Volunteer opportunities and a special invitation to participate in the United Way of Central Kentucky Fellowship program.
Our Tocqueville Society members recognize the importance of putting in place preventative measures today to reduce the needs of tomorrow, and now the Step-Up Tocqueville program makes planning for this investment easier than ever. Step-Up Tocqueville offers a limited number of memberships for a three-year tiered pledge plan that provides immediate access to all Tocqueville Society benefits:
- Year 1: $5,000 Gift
- Year 2: $7,500 Gift
- Year 3: $10,000 Gift
The Advantage of Donating Securities
You can utilize enhanced tax savings by making your donation to United Way of Central Kentucky with appreciated securities. Click below for some examples of how your gift can provide you and your family with significant tax savings.
If your securities are held at a brokerage firm:
Contact United Way of Central Kentucky at 270.737.6608 for more information regarding how a transfer can be arranged with your existing broker.
If you hold the securities:
Assign your stock certificate to United Way of Central Kentucky and include a letter stating that this is a gift to United Way of Central Kentucky. The stock certificate should be hand-delivered or sent by certified mail to:
United Way of Central Kentucky
Attn: Joe Fowler
604 North Main Street
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
If you wish for your investment to be counted as part of a workplace campaign’s giving total, please notify United Way and your company's campaign coordinator so your gift can be included in the organization’s campaign results.
* Note: You should consult your professional, financial, or legal advisor for tax advice.