Grayson County Alliance Director, Debbie Childress, makes her case for funding as she speaks to the Community Investment Team during the grant applicant question and answer session.
The organizations we invest in help real people - which is why real people just like you determine where the donations go. Corporate donors, community members, as well as individuals from philanthropic and community organizations make up our Community Investment Team. These dedicated volunteers pore over each grant proposal and identify the local programs that align with our strategies and goals to create a lasting impact. With over 3,000 nonprofits in Central Kentucky, identifying which programs align with our community’s goals and aspirations is no small task. Our Community Impact Team volunteers spend over 900 hours determining which partnerships will create a lasting impact in our community.
The Selection Process
The process from initial concept to funding award includes the following steps:
- 4 hours - Grant application training for nonprofits
- 35 hours - Average time spent developing each grant application by nonprofits
- 3 hours - Training for Community Investment Team volunteer grant reviewers
- 30 hours - Review of all applications by each CIT member
- 8 hours - Applicant Question & Answer session with CIT volunteers.
- 12 hours - CIT deliberations and discussion
- 1 hour - Funding recommendations reviewed by UWCK Board of Directors