Title: Director of Community Engagement
Location: United Way of Central Kentucky, 604 North Main St, Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Reports to: UWCK President & CEO
Status: Full time (including some nights and weekends), Exempt
Salary Range: $32,000 to $38,000/year paid twice monthly via direct deposit plus cell phone stipend and reimbursement for work-related travel.
United Way of Central Kentucky (UWCK) is advancing the common good in Hardin, Breckinridge, Grayson, LaRue, and Meade Counties by providing help today in ways that strengthen tomorrow. Our work ensures that children are ready to learn when they enter school and are nurtured by families that have the financial stability to support both their basic needs and future success. United Way has the scope, expertise, and influence to bring together human services agencies, government, businesses, private foundations and dedicated volunteers around a common vision of creating maximum impact and achieving long-lasting results.
The Director of Community Engagement will help position UWCK as a convener of volunteer and financial resources through community engagement, resource development, volunteer engagement, and donor relations. The Director will increase revenue through recruiting new corporate partners, deepening existing relationships, managing fundraising accounts, and developing strategic volunteer opportunities. This position is responsible for overseeing UWCK’s internal programs and pursuing new opportunities for partnerships that align with Community Impact and strategic volunteer priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, communications, PR or a related field and 3+ years professional experience.
- Strong customer service skills including the ability to tie United Way benefits to partner needs.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to adapt and work in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated project and process management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment, including Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Willingness to accommodate requests for support outside of regular business hours on occasion, with appropriate notice.
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook and can thrive in an environment of change.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
How to Apply:
Email resume with cover letter and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without this supporting documentation will not be considered. Position will remain posted until filled.
United Way of Central Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer.