Title: Development Coordinator
Location: United Way of Central Kentucky, 604 North Main St, Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full time (including some nights and weekends), Exempt
Salary Range: $18-$20 hourly, 37.5 hours a week, paid vacation and sick leave, travel reimbursement, health and dental insurance.
The Development Coordinator works directly with the President & CEO and Director of Development to achieve UWCK’s fundraising goals by providing resource development expertise, strategic accounts management, and hands-on coordination. As a member of the team, the Development Coordinator contributes to the strategic goals and priorities for the organization’s year-round resource development efforts by building and sustaining resources. The Development Coordinator reports to the Director of Development to carry-out the work of United Way’s mission of leading community change to improve people’s lives in Central Kentucky.
Areas of Responsibility: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Maintain relationships with donors to ensure year-round support and assistance to promote the United Way and its programs to the community.
- Work in conjunction with staff leadership in the planning, organizing and carrying out of special event
- Assist in developing new partnerships and giving opportunities to broaden the base of financial support for United Way by furthering the engagement and retention of current and prospective donors, and fostering their long-term relationships with the organization.
- Collaborate with the team to review previous campaign performance and giving histories, possible areas for improvement or increase, local economic conditions and other relevant information to help determine realistic, yet growth-oriented fundraising potentials.
- Organize and manage the annual campaign within assigned geographical and/or divisional areas, meeting specific goals, timelines, and strategies for each area and/or division as established by Director of Development.
- Plan and carry out the recruiting, orientation and training of fundraising volunteers and provide on-going motivational support, aid and technical assistance within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Engage people not only in Giving to United Way but also in Advocacy and Volunteering to support the United Way mission.
- Utilize donor databases.
- Promote United Way as a community impact agent.
How to Apply:
Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Applications submitted without this supporting documentation will not be considered. Position will remain posted until filled.
United Way of Central Kentucky provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.