United Way Fellows Program
Fellows complete a five month-long program which includes an overview of the region's service needs in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, Health, and Basic Needs. Throughout the program, participants will also opportunity to develop their leadership and professional skills by applying their talents to support United Way's mission of helping individuals and families reach their fullest potential.
Fellows will meet once a month for lunch, a breif focus area overview, and agency tour while working towards a customized approach to engage participants in United Way’s work. Over the course of the program, a time commitment of 6-8 hours can be expected, while some Fellows may choose to get more involved by working with United Way staff, volunteers, and employee campaign managers to engage new businesses in United Way's work and support existing workplace campaigns.
A limited number of Fellowship applications will be accepted for the 2018 program. The cost for those accepted to the Fellowship program will be $50 which covers expenses for all meals and materials. Applications can be completed by going to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PDBYN6G. The deadline to apply is March 9, 2018. Contact Katie with United Way for more information at 270-737-6608 or at email@example.com.
Schedule & More Information
- April 18th, 11:30am to 1:00pm: Education, Tour and Meeting at North Park Elementary School
- May 16th, 11:30am to 1:00pm: Health, Tour and Meeting at Silverleaf Sexual Trauma
- June 20th, 11:30am to 1:00pm: Basic Needs, Tour and Meeting at Springhaven Domestic Violence Program
- July 18th, 11:30am to 1:00pm: Financial Stability, Tour and Meeting at Helping Hand of Hope
- August (Date and location TBD): Graduation Reception
Download the 2018 United Way Fellows Flyer here.