Community Needs Research
- UWCK's 2020 Vision Plan - includes a summary needs assessment
- Map of poverty data
- County Health Rankings
- University of Kentucky County Data Profiles
- Kids Count Data Center
- Child Trends
- Lincoln Trail District Health Department Community Health Needs Assessment & Improvement Plan 2013-2017
- Kentucky Center for Education and Workforce Statistics
- American FactFinder
- US Census Bureau
- Self-Sufficiency Standards
Constant Contact Services Discount
Constant Contact has partnered with United Way to provide local organizations with effective marketing tools that work. Sharing volunteer opportunites, fundraising efforts, newsletters, and event details has never been easier. As one of the many benefits United Way receives, we are excited to share that partnering non-profits may also receive product discounts of up to 30% off! For more information, please call 1-855-854-8609 or click here.
Free Nonprofit Startup Clinic at the Center for Nonprofit Excellence in Louisville
So -- you’re thinking about starting a nonprofit organization. Want some free advice?
Come and meet with the staff at the Center for Nonprofit Excellence at one of our Nonprofit Startup Clinics to review the important factors in making the decision and what you need to pay attention to, to start the process successfully. We will address fundamental ingredients involved in forming a nonprofit organization, warn you about pitfalls to avoid, dispel some common myths, and give you a sense of direction and next steps in your quest. Registration is required at https://www.cnpe.org/trainings/a051A00000EJYEqQAP.
Asset-Based Community Development & Results-Based Accountability Tools
- Duncan CI RBA ABCD Presentation Partner Meetings.pptx [6Mb]
- Asset Based Community Development Overview.pdf [369.8K]
- Asset Mapping Toolkit.pdf [7.37Mb]
- Employee Performance Appraisal Format Using Results Based Accountability.pdf [367.07K]
Recommended Online Resources for Nonprofits
- Community Tool Box - Lots of free resources for nonprofits that cover just about every topic you can think of!
- Grant Application Tracking Tool - Downloadable template for managing all of your grant applications and related deadlines.
- Charity Savant Tip Sheets - Short lists with 5 actionable tips on a variety of topics invluding HR, fundraising, marketing, volunteer management, and more.
- www.joangarry.com/nonprofit-fundraising - Way to improve your fundraising efforts dramatically.
- http://www.bethkanter.org/ - How to strengthen your online productivity.
- http://www.ssireview.org/ - Standford Social Innovation Review provides informative blogs,podcasts and webinars on how to be effective in the nonprofit world.
- www.thestorytellingnonprofit.com/learn-to-tell-your-story - Provides webinars, workshops, and coaching, learn to tell your nonprofit's story to inspire your community.
- www.classy.org/blog/the-best-nonprofit-blogs-not-your-typical-list - This comprehensive list of blogs can offer guidance on a range of issues facing the philanthropic sector.
- www.doodle.com - Free and easy tool for scheduling meetings.
- www.freeconferencecall.com - Free provider of conference call lines.
- youcanbook.me - Free scheduling tool that automatically syncs with your calendar.
- https://www.canva.com - Free graphic design tool for creating eye-catching marketing materials.
Reserve Our Community Room