What is 2-1-1?
2-1-1 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline that connects people of all ages to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A toll-free call to 2-1-1 connects you to a community resource specialist who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services that can improve and save lives.
2-1-1 is for Everyone
• Families seeking services for their children, such as developmental screenings, mentoring opportunities, and after-school care
• Seniors seeking legal assistance, benefits help, and volunteer opportunities
• Human Resource professionals helping an employee find resources for transportation, childcare, or their aging parents
• Laid-off workers struggling to find employment
• Disaster victims seeking housing, food, counseling
• Teachers, clergy, and agency staff seeking help for their clients
What if I cannot find help through 2-1-1?
In the event you are not able to find a solution through 2-1-1, you can call the UWCK office at 270-737-6608 from 8:00 AM through 4:30 PM EST Monday through Friday for additional guidance. Calls received outside these hours will be returned as quickly as possible, within one business day. Please note that UWCK acts as a backbone agency to connect our community with the most accurate and timely information possible for service referrals and is not legally structured to provide direct service and cannot give funds to individuals.