Become part of something special. When you work at United Way of Central Kentucky, you join a team of dedicated leaders who connect our community for the common good.
Position Opening: President/CEO
The President/CEO is the leader of the organization, establishing a vision for Community Impact that is achieved through the efforts of a diverse team of high-performing leaders, staff and volunteers alike. The President/CEO is the Chief Mobilizer; s/he leverages the power of relationships and networks, and works across private, public and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the community. The President/CEO possesses a high level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization. The President/CEO is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact. The President/CEO is the steward of brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation of United Way. S/he is responsible for building trust in United Way and its relevance in the community. S/he values network and strives to leverage United Way’s breadth of community presence, relationships, and strategy.
EXPERIENCE / POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- At least five years of management experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector (United Way experience is desirable). Substantial experience interacting with volunteers and diverse boards. Alternatively, extensive experience in the leadership and management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Expertise on issues relevant to the organization, such as workforce development, financial stability, and poverty.
- Proven ability to build and sustain relationships, resolve conflicts, and think strategically.
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders.
- A demonstrated track record of promoting diversity and an ability to build collaboration with the community at large.
- Experience in or across multiple sectors, including nonprofit, public and corporate environments.
- Experience in developing partnerships and building teams.
- Experience in building revenue and increasing philanthropic support.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intelligence and intellectual curiosity and a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
HOW TO APPLY
United Way of Central Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer.